Walts Birthday

March 29, 2008

Anybody that knows us, knows that Walt cooks and I dont. I like to bake, and am good at it -thank you mom for that - but i rarely do that also. So when I offered to make a gourmet dinner for my honeys birthday, I think he was a bit skeptical. I poured over his endless cookbooks looking for the right meal. I came up with a French meal that he absolutely loved. That was very fun for me. (that he loved it, not the cooking part - its lot of work) I have a newfound respect for his cooking abilities. It took me nearly all day to prep and then cook. So here is the menu, that he raved over. I think it was pretty darn good myself.

1.Sauteed shrimp w/marinated spaghetti squash and curry cilantro dressing - It was like a salad underneath the shrimp but better - beets, cukes, papaya, spaghetti squash, fresh giner and parsley. So yummy he wants me to make it again.
2. Fillet of beef Modena style - you butterfly the beef tenderloin, lay it open and put all these fresh herbs and garlic in then close it and tie it up.
3. Potato cakes - Walts favorite - his mom used to make them for him.
4. Creme Brulee - this was my 3rd attempt, the other two failed, didnt set up right. This time it was perfect, i had a new recipie. French of course.
I think Walt thoroughly enjoyed his birthday dinner, and whew now i dont have to do that for another year - teehee

Comments

The Frechette's said…
Alright Mom!! Way to cook a fancy gourmet meal! I'm glad Walt liked it. I hope he felt very special that you would do such a thing for him.
Love Ya
Anonymous said…
Your grandbabys are adorable! How fun to be able to see them! You go girl on cooking Walt's birthday dinner, sounds super yummy and I hope you are putting in your requests for your birthday dinner! I hope spring comes to you soon, we still are having snow here the second week in April. the kids spring break was full of snowy days! Ahhhh! Love ya, Emmylou
Skeem's said…
Happy Birthday aunt Denise:) Hope you have a wonderful day and is walt cooking for you?? love you
Nicole
Ms. Newell said…
Oh my gosh Denise- that sounds so wonderful- and being the lucky recipient of a few of Walt's fine dinners, I know yours must have been fabulous if he loved it. And little Mary is gorgeous- I see a little of you in her- and she's an Aries girl too- you can't do better than that!
Love you- Happy Birthday yesterday

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween